My presentation was titled: "What is FAIR TRADE? How do we educate and develop just practices in purchasing FAIR TRADE?"
Again, didn't know what to expect... but man, what a great crowd. They asked such wonderful questions and have such big desires to bring Fair Trade into their organizations. One of the biggest challenges most faced is:
"How do we educate on Fair Trade and show our communities that with little changes, we can make a big difference?" and "How can we bring Fair Trade into our organizations without paying more?"
Both are great questions. There is so much greatness in the definition of Fair Trade that often it is hard to explain, all the while making sense to our listener. I found this great video that shows that even little changes in our spending can contribute SO MUCH to alleviating Global Poverty.
THIS IS A FANTASTIC VIDEO... JUST WATCH AND SEE :)
You can make a HUGE difference even by switching a few of your current purchases to Fair Trade items. To learn more, or find Fair Trade offerings near you, check out the following links.
Of course I will list our two organizations first :)
- http://www.solidarityclothing.org/ (Fair Trade school uniforms, business attire)
- http://www.greenolastyle.etsy.com/ (Women's clothing and accessories)
- http://www.fairtradefederation.org/ht/d/Home/pid/175 (Great resource and listing of Fair Trade organizations)
- http://www.chicagofairtrade.org/ (Local resource)
- http://www.milwfairtrade.org/ (another local resource)
Alrighty.... Peace out for now!